- Don’t translate everything. Word-to-word translation will make you sound like a robot.
Word-to-word translation will make you sound like a robot ⇒ 単語から単語への翻訳は、ロボットのように聞こえます。
- Mistakes are OK! Don’t worry if you make mistakes, they are part of your learning experience.
- “Practice makes perfect” is an English saying that means: “if you do something many times, you will learn to do it very well”. Apply this to your studying and repeat, repeat, repeat!
- Be consistent. Come to class every week, review your notes before and after class and try to learn English for at least 15 minutes every day.
- Make it fun! Learning English can be very enjoyable. Use apps like Duolingo or Memrise to learn new words, listen to American pop songs, watch your favourite movie in English, or come to our events and chat with your *favourite* teacher.
- Finally, don’t give up! Learning English takes time. Be patient and have fun in class!
Please come and talk to me if you have any questions. And don’t miss the newsletter next month. We will discuss how to improve your listening skills. Until then, see you!